A house is not a home until it looks well cared for. My tips on making the most of your living space:
1. Bedrooms are the perfect place to experiment with wall color. Paint one wall in a contrasting color to all the other 3. Asian Paints can help you pick the perfect shade as well as the perfect contrasting shade.
2. Lamps. Cannot stress this point enough. Lamps make a world of a difference and can alter the entire mood of a room. Make any room of your home look super cozy by adding yellow shaded lamps to every corner. For an exotic look go for Arabian style hanging lamps.
3. Furniture: who says a sofa is the only way to sit in the lounge/living room. Take inspiration from the Japanese and go for low seating with a simple style. These make the room look clean, organized and peaceful.
4. Plants. Make sure you have a few potted plants dotted around the home. They give a beautifully lived in look and plants such as jasmine and lilies give off a gorgeous scent in the evenings.
5. Art. Each room should have some piece of art hanging on at least one wall. A large painting would make an excellent centre piece for your main wall in the living room while souvenirs collected over the years should most certainly be hung here and there. Plus its a great conversation piece and lets face it, an excuse to brag to your friends about your adventures to some fabulous places.
6. Scented candles/Essential oils/Incense. They say a smell can awaken a long forgotten memory and a great smelling home will make you happier and instantly brighten up your mood.
7. Get creative. Who says lights have to be silver or gold shaded? use colored bulbs eg Red! adds a glow to any room and gives it an air of mystery.
8. Books. Every home should have one! Paint yours in a contrasting shade to the rest of the room to make it stand out. Another option is to stack all your books according to color. The larger your book collection the more stunning it will look and its a great way to display what you've read to your guests.
9. Get Inspired by your surroundings. Did you see something on the net that really inspired you? I once saw a gorgeous coffee table and decided to only get furniture that complimented it. Collect images from all over the internet using Asian Paints' Snap It tool which will then tell you the closest match in the Asian Paints library!
To check out the range of services offered by Asian Paints go here.